Overcoming my dog phobia!!

Wednesday 9 December 2015

U guys this post mean so much to me u have NO idea

About a year ago I blogged about my Cynophobia here before which is an irrational fear of dogs
I've mentioned before I want to deal with this especially because YL loves dogs and it upsets me very much to not be able to share this love with him

SO I'm sharing my experience with partially overcoming my dog phobia yesterday!!!!!! I know how it feels to be abnormally afraid of dogs and I know it sucks :-( Not many people will understand the fear unless you're scared yourself so I want to help now!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even if nobody else is afraid like me HAHA its ok this post also serves the purpose of me recording down my feels about this woohoooooooooooooo :')
I'm feeling very thankful that I could do this so I BELIEVE EVERYBODY ELSE CAN HOR!!!!!!!


OK. so. First and foremost I think you need to find a personal motivation!!!!
What is it that makes you want to overcome this fear so bad? No need to be like me y'know it can be something as simple as wanting to be able to....... own a dog yourself? Going to dog cafes with friends? Go walking in a dog park? 
HAHA IDK basically find what motivates you and hold on to that damn thing


 ^ When I was on the way there i was so tempted to give up
I wanted to go home and not have to face the damn dog :-( 
But then I kept talking to YL about Junior and I could see how much he adores him and that motivated me to get my darn ass there no matter what wtf
Selfieing calms my nerves as u can see hahaahahahha

-____________- later in the day YL told me he wasn't worried or anything at all in the beginning (^ as u can see he was very unbothered) bcos he thought CONFIRM I GONNA FAIL LOL WHAT AN ASS

He thought I wasting his time?!?! LOL he said like he expected me to just be able to be around Junior and thats it i will ask him to send him back up lololol

What an ass so in the end he told me he was overwhelmingly surprised that I still fed and pat Junior (before I left) wtf. So much faith in me hor

-
First tip is to know what agitates him and what makes him bark. Junior doesn't like it when strangers make strange sounds with strange objects - ok lah by that I just mean when the workers who wash the floors/water the plants/do construction work etc. I think he's suspicious of the sounds because you know the equipment all very loud one!! Got ZZZZZ sound and BRSHHHH like that etc
So I think he gets uneasy and barks at them or sth i dunno also

SO WHAT U DO IS u avoid those situations as much as possible.

OK tell u all my plan now!!!!!!!!! 
You know when you enter houses with dogs the first thing they do is to bark and run to you in order to smell you???

For a cynophobic person that barrier is almost IMPOSSIBLE to conquer
I know because I've tried 4 years wtf each time I go to YL's house I end up almost crying and telling him to please put Junior in the toilet :'(
I can't deal omg so ANYWAY i keep thinking how do I deal with that.......... AND I THOUGHT OF IT!!!!!!!!!

I kept thinking HOW DO I APPROACH HIM when he is not superly suspicious of me etc............. 
Then i thought of bringing him on walkies!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

YL told me before that when Junior is outside walking he is only interested in the surroundings like floor grass objects insects lolololol
Then i asked if he approaches or goes near to a person who is walking towards them and he said no he only cares abt his own stuff aka discovering the world around him

THAT WAS IT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
SO I asked YL to bring him down for walkies and I will follow around as inconspicuously as possible. 
Since he doesnt care much abt humans around him he PROBABLY wont bark or approach me also which is the first thing i need to get over


I screenshot this from the video I took of them walking towards me fml i was shitass scared when i saw him jumping around in excitement i think i was close to tears if u can hear my voice wtf 

But i did it. YL brought him to me and sure enough he didnt even try to smell me, he went around the bench that i was in front of instead

When he was so close to me I could hear him... panting? Is that what they call it? Like you know the dog sound!!! LOL
T___________________T I used to be so scared of that panting or their bell sounds T_______T



Eh paiseh some of the shots the quality is hopeless bcos is video screenshots sent from YL's phone then whatsapp sucks all the quality up LOL WTF i dunno why also

Another tip i have is that do something else to take ur mind of the situation
I keep using my phone either to snapchat or selfie so that I won't be fully focused on the situation there and then, yknow?
Helps to calm ur nerves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH ANOTHER IMPORTANT TIP: DO NOT FREAK OUT PHYSICALLY AROUND THE DOG
My mind was falling apart under the stress lolololol but u CANNOT show it to the dog that ure scared
He gets suspicious and u gg even more


So u look at me trying to act as normal as i can ERRRR LOLOL see what i mean abt selfieing
Im so camera conscious that i cannot NOT smile at a camera HAHAHAHAHAHA SO I DID IT
But i still standing a distance la i dont dare to go near him more than that distance yet.......


See following behind with safe distance wtf


Then after a while..................... I forced myself to stand closer and closer to him
I was trembling la T________________________T
Cannot see frmo photo duh but i was so scared T__________________T
But after u successfully cross this mental hurdle of being able to be just around him right, you've won half the battle alr!!!!


We went to sit down and immediately Junior like suddenly rmb abt me and came to smell me FML
act normal no matter what ok i held my tongue so that i wouldnt make weird whimpers fml

T___________________T i was expecting this la but still very scared can when his head comes near me lololol sometimes after a few min i tell YL i need to take a break and move further away before i go back again

I DUNNO HOW TO DESCRIBE A PHOBIA its just sth that u are damn scared of and want to be as far as possible from it. Its not logical for most ppl unless ure cynophobic


Another tip is to try to talk to him to maintain friendliness but bcos im so scared of him right I cannot maintain eye contact LOLOLOL
So i look at him when hes not looking and i look away when hes looking ^
Lolololololol loser but it works 



I had 3 goals for the day: to be able to stand near Junior, to let him smell me and to feed him
This is YL showing me how to feed him and initially i really couldnt lol he held my hand in his and went towards Junior then i freaked out and drew my hand back T______________T

So we had to walk a bit more........... maybe 30-45min i think? Until YL complained that Junior was getting thirsty then I said ok i really really really need to draw all my strength from within and do this shit LOLOLOLOL


AND I DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm telling u it was such a surreal experience if i didnt have makeup on i wouldve cried :')
I shrieked so weirdly in the video i think i too touched or sth WTF

To cynophobic people: its not as scary as u think it is!!!!!!!!
DONT feed them with ur fingers, put it on ur palm and u will be safe!
I imagined to feel his teeth on my palm and i was soooooooo shitting myself but end up i felt his nose or something and it was such a nice feeling thats why i want to cry T____________T


In the lift is my first time being in an enclosed area with him. U can see hes finally putting more attention on me wtf but by now its alr been an hour plus since i walke around with him so i'm much better with dealing with the fear already 

So u guys i think my plan is really genius!!!!!!! Not i want to praise myself but really!!!!!!! LOL


OK now got new fear to get over: physical contact with the dogs fml

Dunno if u realised but i was wearing long sleeve top + jeans bcos im so pussy lolololol
I tried to cover every part of my body possible and when i walked into the house barefoot I asked YL for slippers but he didnt have it fml :'(
So the first few times Junior bumped into my barefeet I jumped but after a while I became much better......

The first time he jumped on me I freaked out too and I feel like my tone to him was so mean T________________T
After that he jumped on me about another 2 more times and I could just calmly tell YL and he would chide him not to disturb yuki and he comes down calmly as well

I think he just wants to play but I'm a wimp :'(
Also his father said that he kept following me around bcos I fed him the most hahahahahahaha wtf my instinct to feed Junior is as strong as my instinct to feed YL
Whatever i just choose to believe Junior likes me not for the food wtf

So he kept coming to me and sitting beside me and sitting under me and walking around me etc omg so cute but i still a bit afraid to play with him bcos once he gets excited he will be rowdy and my heart cannot take it yet :'( 
i improved so much that day that i felt so tired bcos i overcame such a big obstacle wtf



Wherever i sit he follows and sits around me with this eyes like that omg hahahaahahahhaha

T_______________T feels very surreal la. 
As i type this i want to cry again WTF bcos i always see him on facetime etc and now im seeing him in real life and i cant believe i can ever do this in my whole life yknow

I don't think I have completely overcome my dog phobia, i think if i were to meet other dogs i would still be scared but i also believe that I can handle it much better now

Junior was just a bit easier bcos he's YL's dog so i feel closer to him i dunno how say

Nah below is my collated iphone videos of the day that im going to keep for memory forever

:') i'm so proud of myself for doing this have i said this alrdy hahahaha
I know this sounds lame as heck to normal people but it doesnt matter bcos im really really so thankful now hahahaha

If u got nothing better to do u can watch and cringe at my scaredy cat voice wtf

Ok thanks for reading this and i hope if u're cynophobic i managed to help u a little bit :'''''(

XOXO!!!!!!!!!!


You Might Also Like

1 comments