WHAT TO EAT IN TAIPEI (2014)

Saturday 26 April 2014

///EDIT: im editing it now to add photos of menus i took so u all can see the prices for reference if u all are going to taipei!!!! very helpful i know, u're welcome keke/

Like few days ago I think anyway I will insert the link like right here but I don't know if everyone can view it leh bcos my privacy settings are to friends only i think... will the link work for public then lol//


IVE FINALLY POSTED TW PHOTOS ON MY FB!!!!!!!! 

I'm going to randomly choose photos to talk about (erm mostly food kekekekekeke) SO U ALL KNOW WHAT TO EAT WHEN U GO THERE

Let me clear like what 5 photos from my iphone first ok!!!!!


feeling like a white girl lol 
ANYWAY ive never been more thankful for starbucks bcos it was my heater wts
Can i stress again how cold it was 


Beloved sotong and i!!!!!!! feat. free popeye tshirt i bargained for WAHAAHA


Hoboing it lol how i slept for the week so cold must cover everywhere i can no joke


Mx sent me this pic........ LOL BTS
BTW the ice cream was crap (i would say shit if im feeling less kind) la dont need to try ok take selfie also waste my money


Buey paiseh vlogging


WHAT TO EAT IN TAIWAN DENG DENG DENG


Our first meal in taiwan (??? i hope i rmb correctly) after we checked in the hotel was at this Formosa Chang restaurant. I stayed in wufenpu which so it was like of walking distance
Anyway we also ordered many other side dishes la but their lu rou fan (braised meat rice) is like their signature dish la and imo it was nice.... BUT not to the extent of sibei ho jiak u know what i mean?? lol
I think u can get lu rou fan of their standard like at 1/3 of the price lor wtf (ya got $0.50 braised rice) from any night market bcos i dont think the taiwanese can go wrong with lu rou fan la 


THIS
is my favourite
FAVOURITE 鸡蛋糕 (is it simply called egg cake in Eng LOLOL idk)
Unfortunately this is the only pic i have of it fml 
I bought this from wufenpu and u should only buy it from wufenpu bcos none of the places i went had ji dan gao as good as wufenpu omg (shifen one also not bad actually but theirs are custard filled instead lo)
I think i have it at the end of my vlog like the last few days or sth bcos i went back to get it!!! U can go and see wahahah


THIS
is the only bubble tea ive drunk (its in wufenpu) that is comparable to 50lan (like sg's koi)
My favourite flavour is 黑糖 (i also dk what it is in eng, brown sugar?? or toffee? lol)
(insert the mini 50lan here for ur reference)



they bought 臭豆腐 (smelly tofu) from a lot of places but if i rmb correctly they said they were nothing special.... 
I didnt eat any la but i guess they werent any good. maybe u all go hk then eat LOL


Muachee which i hated but u will love if u love mochi.
It tastes just like mochi rolled in peanut wts


best. squid. ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We bought a different flavour every single day at different night markets and there was a day we bought 2 flavours lolol so i think we have like tried everything
IMO the best is 柠檬椒盐 (OMG i didnt know lemon is NING meng i kept typing ling meng until i went to google wts) but honestly every other flavour was good also omg 
PS. make sure u recognise this stall logo bcos i only like theirs. ive bought from other stalls in shilin and they were meh


Of course how can u leave out the taiwan sausages!!!!!!! ive tried a few also but i think the best is what meixin bought from the stall (above) from raohe night market. Yummers


I bought the ice cream popiah from raohe also (other markets have it too) and i hated it LOL i bought something similar (supposedly ice cream crepe) in batam and i hated it too omg (wait for my batam vlog/post pls)
Anyway back to tw, the ice cream tasted like water wahpiang worst than sorbet (i dont like sorbet) and i just didnt like the popiah combi lor.
Maybe if u like soft cold weird food like that then u will like


They gave me cold waffles (not cooled, is cold) so i requested i wanted warm ones la
Then the stall told me that they sold their waffles cold and it is their speciality can u believe it
So I didn't like the waffles at all enough said
(they tasted like mister donut)


there were a lot of outlets everywhere but i didn't even like their best seller wts so weird to me la sorry



Fried sandwiches were soso..... can't really remember how they tasted le


ok BOMB DIGGITY fried quail eggs!!!!!!! (from raohe again)
U get to choose the sauce too and i think meixin (above) got the recommended one ah honey mustard or something la
It was rly nice but i think u cannot eat it too often bcos i got it the day after and it was a bit turn off u know what i mean


胡椒饼/pepper buns or something?? 
I don't really rmb what they were called but i know they queued v long for it and it was MEH


TEA EGGS!!!!!!! from the family mart (like 7/11) right outside our hotel.
they were super good but ive never bought them anywhere else so idk abt the rest
we had them before bed every night LOLOL


Kfc in taiwan is worth trying imo! (this was in beitou)
their flavours were different and their crispy chicken is not spicy HALLELUJAH
If i rmb correctly they serve them with twister fries also. like default. Yummers x2


Ramen restaurant we spotted on our way to the hot springs. So we went back (as usual because there was a queue)
The food was good!!!! How to go wrong with jap food kekekekeke
I loved their agedashi tofu and the 温泉蛋 (hot spring egg) was really special also. Taste a bit like half boiled egg la quite nice
Their ramen was nice but like rly too big serving liao i think.......... halfway very sian u know
If i ever get to go back there next time i wont order 1 bowl just for myself


PAUS FROM SHIDA!!!!!!!! I LOVED THEM i think my favourites were red bean and sesame or something
Don't bother with the ones w/o fillings e.g. i tried the yam one and it tasted too overwhelming like yam overload mantou
I mean it was also nice but i think the ones with fillings were better 


from shida too, best. crepes. ever
BUT they made us wait like 40min bcos they mixed up our order or something so we were super pissed
but then again rly nice in my opinion. actually all crepes in taiwan are nice i think, i had one from raohe too and it was ok as well


xlbs from danshui!!
i think they liked it a lot (yl liked the prawn ones too) so im including them in the list but erm personally i have never appreciated xlbs so LOL


Ok NOW POLO BUNS I CAN DEFO APPRECIATE (from danshui). A LOT
I loved their polo buns so friggin much i went back to buy 10 to fly home with me. 
After reaching home I froze half of them to eat over an extended period of time bcos i was rly sad that i was going to run out omg :'''''''''''''''(
Since then i have never rly had polo buns as good huhuhuhuhuhuhu.......


This i wna discourage u all buying bcos i bought their recommended original flavour ah and it was not nice lor
Yl thought it was ok but i think his taste buds are not picky enough.
They're called 牛角 (danshui vlog) and i thought they were a special type of croissant but no leh idk what it tastes like
SO im thinking that maybe if i will give it another chance..... i will recommend u all to get another flavour and try instead lol



OH the takoyaki there was nice too!!!!!! I didn't try this particular stall one but I had it at raohe and it was quite darn good.
This is coming from me who refuses to eat takoyaki most of the time lol
I have takoyaki phobia bcos i loved it super duper much until i ate so much of it one time i puked everything out
WAHPIANG eat until puke leh can u believe it zzzzzz


Ken and zc's favourite eggs lololol FEAT MY CORNDOGS!!!!!!!! I got corndogs whenever I saw them bcos too good liao cannot resist fml


now THIS is the reason why i especially went back to danshui before I flew home
Everything in this pastry shop was damn good can u believe it
I dont have the shop photo here but its all on my vlog!!!!!! Pls go and buy their stuff home if u ever go to taiwan if not go and eat their samples also shuang ok


Napoleon pie which i read abt on blogs but i didnt get to try bcos nobody was rly interested in it hais :-(
I think its like sponge cake with a lot of different layers of flavours or fillings la i forgot alr but im hoping that it sucks bcos i didnt get to eat it lol 
#bitter




Here comes my face wahahahahaha i was scrolling thru the album and I missed the pretty scenery at lovers' bridge/情人桥 at fisherman's wharf/渔人码头 (wtf i like translator) and also yl so im including it in the post hais

...........................................


its okay back to food!!


super famous shilin chicken cutlet which was shit. there i said it


I didn't try the 大饼包小饼 from this stall but i got mine from the shilin food basement instead
At first i thought it was weird and didnt like it but later i thought it was nice!!!
It's literally 2 饼 because they crush up a 小饼 for u (i ordered taro. a bit like biscuit u know) and wrap it up in a 大饼, a bit like a tortilla wrap
I thought it was special and tasted not bad whoop whoop approved


The guys also tried some strawberry shaved ice or what from this stall in shilin (im sorry i dont have the front shop pic again watch my shilin vlog okie)
Quite nice!!!!!! I usually dont like eating strawberries (like the fruit itself u know i only use them in smoothies) but they were so damn sweet omg
....... but then maybe its just the condensed milk huh fml

Oh btw i ordered tau huey/beancurd (both wam and iced) from a few stalls and didn't like all of them. Lol


In xmd we ate at this random cafe we saw (above) bcos we were lazy to walk more lol and all that's worth is only their fries. U can see the other food we ordered on my vlog/fb album la but their fries were good lor


DENG DENG DENG the thing u must eat in xmd is their MANGO SHAVED ICE!!!!!! THE BOMB
I think they have an outlet in keelung as well (we went there also but not much memorable food........... except for mad cheap sushi and bread omg)
but anyway super good. and sinful


erm randomly i was very sad that i didn't buy these cases in shida lol i even took a pic to remind myself to walk back to buy again but i completely forgot WTS LOOK AT THE PINK DUCK AND PIG so cute 哭死我


Oh we also tried this back in raohe!!!!! I forgot what she said it was alr anw i thought it was nice also BUT my memory failed me again............ i forgot to buy it afterwards lol


Food at the airport was crap. I bought the 炒面饭 or something like that la (the one with the fried egg) and it was meh.
The only thing that i think u can 勉强 eat is the bibimbap. 

These are not the pics of all the food i have eaten la but just what i have
Hopefully next time if u all go to taiwan too u all can eat all the super nice food and not waste calories ok LOL
Most of the stuff i ate i vlogged them down!!!! 
U can watch them here: http://www.youtube.com/user/yukijenn

Ok thank u for reading my post again and i still have quite a bit of photos to clear omg :-( 
IF u are hungry...................... you're welcome ^__^
TILL NEXT TIME x

PS. did u all read my previous rant post hiak hiak

You Might Also Like

0 comments